Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Wells Clinic is a healthcare provider located at Robert Denholm House, Bletchingley Road, Nutfield, Surrey, RH1 4HW. The company is limited by guarantee, registered in England with Company No. 09137420. For ownership details please visit the dedicated profile on Companies House.
- The clinic provides GP, Nurse, HCA & Occupational Health services (referred to as 'the Services') at our clinic, online, over the phone and at the patient's workplace or home.
- By using The Wells Clinic's services, patients are bound by these Terms and Conditions, which they must carefully read and understand.
2. The website
- The Wells Clinic owns and manages www.thewellsclinic.com.
- By accessing the website, you agree to these terms. We may change the terms without notice, so please check regularly.
- Although the website is usually available, we are not liable if it is not. We may suspend access without notice in certain situations.
- The website may have links to third-party websites, but we are not responsible for their content.
- Visitor conduct: Any material you post on the website is not confidential, and we can use it for any purpose. Do not post offensive, harmful, or illegal material. Misuse of the website is also prohibited. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities or court orders.
- Restrictions on trademarks and copyrights: The website's materials, including images, are owned by The Wells Clinic. You need our written consent to use any materials from www.thewellsclinic.com.
- The website provides information about our products and services, but you should seek advice from your GP before making decisions. The website's information is not exhaustive.
- The website is subject to UK laws and is intended for UK residents only. We are not liable for any losses incurred if the website is inaccessible or communication methods fail. Carefully review the website before making any purchases. We are not liable for losses resulting from unforeseeable circumstances outside our control.
- Email is not secure, and any information you send us via email is at your own risk.
- Our appointment availability is limited and subject to change. If you request an appointment with a particular GP, we will do our best to fulfil your request based on their availability.
- Payment for all services and products must be made before or immediately after the services are received or when purchased products are collected. Payments can be made by cash or card via reception; cheques are not accepted.
- Depending on your treatment, you may be required to pay for Pathology tests, Vaccinations, and Prescribed medicine(s) in addition to your appointment fee.
- The prices for all services are available on the website, at the reception, or upon request to receptionists or clinicians before receiving services.
- Although not mandatory, clinicians may discuss the cost of services with patients before consultation or treatment commences at their discretion.
- If treatment costs are prepaid, patients will be informed of the services they have paid for at the time of payment to ensure clarity.
- By agreeing to this agreement, you accept the responsibility to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, and agents, as well as their officers, directors, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including legal fees, that may arise from a third party due to your breach of this agreement or violation of any law or rights of a third party.
6. Medical form
- Upon registration, a medical history form must be completed by you, providing the necessary details.
- The GP conducting your appointment will review the completed form.
- It is essential to complete the form as precisely and thoroughly as possible. Failure to do so may affect the advice or decisions made by the GP regarding your health and/or treatment. Providing inaccurate, false, or incomplete information to the GP will absolve The Wells Clinic of any responsibility for any resulting consequences.
- To cancel an appointment, please either:
- Use the cancellation link in the booking confirmation you received from us
- Call the clinic on 01737 824 922
- Or speak to the receptionist in person
- If you cancel your appointment more than 24 hours before the start time, you will receive a full refund if you have already paid.
- If you fail to provide sufficient notice, a cancellation fee of 50% of the appointment fee may be charged.
- Any owed refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of notification, and payment will be made through the same method as the original payment unless otherwise agreed with The Wells Clinic.
- The Wells Clinic will only provide refunds when the fault lies with the clinic, as determined by us, or in line with our cancellation policy.
9. Amending your appointment
- Call the clinic at 01737 824 922 or speak to the receptionist in person if you need to change an existing appointment.
- The new appointment time will be mutually agreed upon between you and the clinic.
10. Late Attendance
- If you are running late to an appointment, please call the clinic on 01737824922 to inform them. If you arrive at most five (5) minutes late or do not attend your appointment, we reserve the right to cancel it, and no refund will be given.
- If you are more than five (5) minutes late, the clinic may still allow you to attend your appointment for the remainder of the allocated time or offer an alternative appointment with another GP. You will still be charged the full appointment fee.
11. Fair Usage
- The Wells Clinic reserves the right to refuse services to any individual who, at the clinic's discretion, is not using the services fairly. Examples of unfair use include but are not limited to, inability to pay fees, persistent cancellation or non-attendance of appointments, repeated none payment, and exhibiting inappropriate or offensive behaviour towards staff or within the clinic.
- If The Wells Clinic determines that your behaviour or use of services is inconsistent with our Fair Usage Policy. In that case, we may refuse to continue providing services to you, and any scheduled appointments may be cancelled.
- If you wish to appeal such a decision, you may do so through our complaints process.
- If the GP conducting your appointment deems a referral necessary, they will refer you to a specialist consultant. Referrals can be of two types:
- Open - An open referral does not mention the name of a particular consultant but only outlines the nature of the referral. For example, a patient may be referred to a dermatology specialist for a skin condition.
- Named - A named referral will refer you to a specific consultant, either one you have chosen or one recommended by your GP.
13. Private Prescriptions
- If, in the professional opinion of your GP, they determine that medication would benefit you, they will prescribe medication following industry guidelines and standards.
- Once your GP has prescribed medication, they will provide you with a private prescription form during your appointment or on the same day.
- Private prescriptions are subject to a fee.
- You can obtain and pay for medication prescribed via a private prescription at any dispensing pharmacy in the UK.
- We recommend that you keep your registered NHS GP informed of any medication prescribed by our GPs.
- If you experience any adverse reactions or side effects to medication prescribed by our GPs, you must seek medical advice promptly from either the dispensing pharmacy, The Wells Clinic GP who prescribed the medication, your NHS GP or A&E as appropriate.
14. Wells Care
The below terms and conditions refer to the subscription service offered by Wells:
- Fair usage
- We cap the number of face-to-face appointments to 100 per year, limited to 2 per week. If you believe you require more appointments than this allocation. Please speak to a member of the team. We reserve the right to refuse an appointment if it is not medically relevant or if clinical advice has not been followed.
- Transfer of membership
- Membership benefits cannot be transferred to friends or family, for example, the use of unlimited appointments or discounted further care.
- Booking appointments through the portal
- Only the named member with a valid membership number can book an appointment for themselves through the appointment portal. If an appointment is booked for someone not named on the account, they will be charged for their appointment on arrival.
- Cancellation and rearrangement of appointments
- Appointments can be cancelled or rearranged for free with at least 24 hours notice. Any changes made after this time will be charged a £25 administration fee. Missed appointments without notice will be charged a £50 administration fee. You will be asked to settle your account at your next appointment.
- We encourage patients to email email@example.com to give feedback in the first instance. This way, we can resolve the issue before the need for a formal complaint.
- If you want to make a complaint or give feedback, please submit it in writing via email or letter.
- Upon receiving your complaint, an acknowledgement will be sent in writing within three working days, together with a copy of the complaint procedure if it has yet to be sent before. The reply will estimate the time required to investigate the complaint and reply again within ten working days.
- To lodge a complaint about our services, you may either speak to one of our staff members at the clinic or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Privacy and Confidentiality
- Your personal information to The Wells Clinic will be used solely for healthcare services. We will not disclose this information to any third parties without your explicit consent, except where required by law.
- The Wells Clinic adheres to all relevant privacy laws and regulations. For further information, please refer to our privacy and cookies policy.
17. Our liability to you
- We acknowledge our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or where such liability cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law. However, we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- All conditions, warranties, and other terms that may be implied by statute, common law, or equity; and
- Any liability for losses or damages that are not foreseeable or were not within your and our contemplation when we entered into this Contract, including but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as loss of income, revenue, business, profits, anticipated savings, or goodwill.
- Except as provided in section 1 above, our total liability to you for any one event or related series of events will not exceed, in total, 150% of the total amount paid by you for the Services in the 12 months immediately preceding the first incident leading to the liability.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights as a consumer.
18. Unforeseen circumstances & events outside of our control
- We are not responsible for events out of our control or unforeseen circumstances.
- If the clinic is closed or the running of the Services is affected by an event outside our control or an unforeseen circumstance, we will contact you as soon as possible if you have an Appointment booked to let you know.
- We will take steps to minimise the effect of the event or circumstance.
- If we do this, we will not be liable for short-term closure or disruption caused by the event or circumstance ('short term' means thirty (30) days or less).
- However, if there is a risk of long-term closure or severe disruption to the Services at your clinic ('long-term' means more than thirty (30) days), we will look to find you an alternative GP at one of our other facilities, assuming there is another facility within a reasonable distance from your clinic and there is a GP on site.
- Such alternative placement is strictly subject to availability.
- If an alternative placement is not available or possible. In that case, you may contact us to receive a refund for any sums you have paid in advance for appointments you have been unable to attend due to the long-term closure or severe disruption.
19. Suspending the service
- The Services may be suspended for various reasons, including regulatory changes imposed by the General Medical Council or the Care Quality Commission.
- In case of a suspension, we will make every effort to inform you in advance if you have an upcoming appointment and attempt to find an alternative GP at another facility with a GP on site and availability, assuming another facility is reasonably close. However, this may only be possible in an emergency or urgent situation.
- If the Services are suspended for more than fourteen (14) days, you are entitled to a full refund for any Appointments already paid for but missed due to the suspension.
20. Transferring our rights
- This agreement may be transferred by us to another organisation, along with our rights and obligations. In the event of a transfer, you will be notified of the transfer if you have an Appointment booked with us that will take place after the transfer.
21. Parties to this contract
- This Contract is between you and us; only you and we have any rights under it. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
22. Separate clauses
- If any part of this Contract is found illegal, unlawful, or unenforceable by a court, the remainder will remain in force. Each paragraph of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any paragraphs are illegal, unlawful, or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
23. Enforcing this contract
- If we delay enforcing this Contract or any term, we may enforce it later. If we do not immediately insist that you do anything you are required to do under this Contract or delay in taking steps against you regarding any breach by you of this Contract. In that case, it will not mean that you do not have to do those things or can prevent us from taking steps to enforce our rights at a later date.
24. The law governing this contract
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law, and you can bring legal proceedings regarding our Services in the English courts.
25. Amending these Terms & Conditions
- We retain the right to modify the Contract and its associated terms and conditions without prior notice. If we introduce significant alterations to the Contract, we will post them on our website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing and comprehending the provisions of this Contract before utilising the Services.